Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Not sure, never been on a plywood tree plantation, but as far as I can determine, they look similar to pallet trees. Not seen one of those either. I don't know if there are any pallet tree plantations in the US, or not.
I had read somewhere that pallet tree plantations were becoming fewer and fewer. The last remaining are just hanging on by their nails. The workers are board.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I've got a Hyundai Santa Fe and I love it, but I think my wife's Subaru Forester has it beat. Of course, neither of us has to drive in winter conditions or on any type of rough roads. Well, that's not entirely true. Our Louisiana roads keep getting worse and worse.
you'll lose your fillings on some of our roads in the spring when the frost comes out of the ground. It's a full time job for a few weeks for the city crews in Toronto to fill pot holes. A few of them get deep but they've never yet found a homeless person living in one.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Tom,
I hear ya, but there are apparently no sawmills in TO ! I am anxious to do Northern ON. and the Algonquin areas. Some parts of Northern ON. will be easier to do by flying to Winterpeg and renting a vehicle there to backtrack, then go west from there.
Yes, it's a lot of ground to cover. Vast amount of forest but stay out of it in the springtime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.