Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...so i have to make presents for two 8 year old girls that will be staying with us this year (no, I'm not making boxes for their parents!)

This is the first one, my grandaughter is horse crazy, she rides every weekend and is about to start leading the ponies around at the stables.

Made with rosewood and maple. The purpleheart handles are supposed to look like part of the saddle. I only put them on one side though. it would have gotten complicated otherwise

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Nice. That design would make a nice coin bank too.

Or enlarge it and make a Christmas spirit cabinet. >:)

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Rick, theres 4 adults coming with the two kids, and they all have to watch their air luggage weights.
(Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it) :grin::grin::grin:
Sounds legit to me ;)

I remember back in the day ,we had a paint booth in the drive bays , and I repainted part of my truck.
Worse thing ever was telling people I did it myself,as people just came out of the wood work wanting there vehicles fixed for nothing .
I learned to say no quickly

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all.
I'm halfway through making the other box, but I've been diverted into getting a house ready to rent out. The owner died three years ago and the house has been sealed ever since untill the estate got settled, so I'm over there 6 hours a day for the last week, and almost certainly the next week. Gets hard doing this stuff when youre old. by the time I get home I'm ready for some of that christmas spirit and bed.
found a better side view;

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Excellent. My granddaughters (3) are all into the horses and breath and sleep horses. I bought so much horse stuff last year it must have looked like a fetish. This year may just be the year to try to make something instead.
Congrats.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally got the house renovated for rental, and found time to finish the other girls xmas present. Except looking at the pictures has made me realise the flocking line is not clean enough, so thats another task to get done.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.