Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Router Fraternity Friends.
Been a while since I wrote on the site, mainly because my wife limits my time indoors to eating and sleeping. What’s left of my retiral is spend mostly in the workshop where I am allowed to indulge in my fantasies which seem to centre on my lack of ability to understand the female logic. I do get the occasional cup of tea brought out when she remembers she is not a widow, but I digress.
This is mainly for the UK routing members.
Thought you might be interested in a couple of my latest purchases. Firstly a new dust mask of which I have posted a number of photos. As you can see from my old one which is based on the trend air ace and although effective the refills were expensive and the whole thing had to be disassembled into a dozen pieces to clean, but more importantly it hampered any downward vision, so they had to go. I tried various disposables but most of them fogged up my glasses. These I found on a Large UK auction site at £4.99 plus £3.00 for ten filters. And I have to admit they are fantastic. Work well, snug fit, breathe easily, no fogging and most important, no restriction to vision.
Secondly the clamps. I subscribe to an American tool supplier who is very intuitive on introducing new products to the American market. Luckily my son lives in Houston and I can order through him. I purchased three Pairs for $24 on a special offer. They have three sizes, mine is the middle. They are extremely well made with the spring action very powerful. The jaws have a silicone feel to them and do not slip and the banding is strong rubber. In the photos I have demonstrated placing a piece of trim on to an edge if you were going to glue etc. Saves setting up clamps or pinning.
Well that’s it from the workshop, its fairly late and looking outside its now dark and the house lights just went out. I wonder if she will notice when she gets into bed.
Yours Colin. Scotland

Attachments

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Colin if you wear that mask to bed she will never notice. She will just say get away from me. >:)

A company called Rockler sells those clamps. I wonder if y'all had the clamps first or us.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Hi Router Fraternity Friends.
Been a while since I wrote on the site, mainly because my wife limits my time indoors to eating and sleeping. What’s left of my retiral is spend mostly in the workshop where I am allowed to indulge in my fantasies which seem to centre on my lack of ability to understand the female logic. I do get the occasional cup of tea brought out when she remembers she is not a widow, but I digress.

Colin, YOU are not alone. I learned a long time ago, you only need to remember three things; "Yes, dear"..."No, dear", and "You're absolutely right dear, and I was wrong". If you can remember those three things you stand a chance. Anything else is probably a bust.

Secondly the clamps. I subscribe to an American tool supplier who is very intuitive on introducing new products to the American market. Luckily my son lives in Houston and I can order through him. I purchased three Pairs for $24 on a special offer. They have three sizes, mine is the middle. They are extremely well made with the spring action very powerful. The jaws have a silicone feel to them and do not slip and the banding is strong rubber. In the photos I have demonstrated placing a piece of trim on to an edge if you were going to glue etc. Saves setting up clamps or pinning.
Well that’s it from the workshop, its fairly late and looking outside its now dark and the house lights just went out. I wonder if she will notice when she gets into bed.

Rockler has been selling these for a couple of years. I have to question how long the bands on the jaws will last. If anyone has any insight into their longevity, I would like to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
You forgot that wives want you to change, not them. Always.
There is a saying...

"If you promise not to try and change me, I won't complain when you change."

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
All women must secretly be part of the Borg collective (Start Trek reference) because "Resistance is futile".

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
I have been married to the same women for 50 years and I bet you have to. The secret is you have got to learn these things early. :frown:
Coming up on 19. We started late. $ is the big issue around here. She's happy when I'm in the shop, and comes out for brief visits every few hours to admire my work, or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.