Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Are those magnetic bases strong enough not move during operation? Wouldn’t have thought they would be...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Are those magnetic bases strong enough not move during operation? Wouldn’t have thought they would be...
mated rare earth magnets..
not likely...

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,946 Posts
The blocky switchable magnet indicator bases are very powerful magnets, on a cast iron saw or jointer they are plenty strong.

I have 2 switchable magnetic featherboards and they hold just fine, even on a waxed table saw top.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
The blocky switchable magnet indicator bases are very powerful magnets, on a cast iron saw or jointer they are plenty strong.

I have 2 switchable magnetic featherboards and they hold just fine, even on a waxed table saw top.
oh yes...
way more than plenty strong...

Reactions: Nickp

·
Registered
508 Posts
I’m tempted to give this a try for the band saw to do some light resale work and maybe on the jointer - only cast iron bases I’ve got. Will make a trip to HF and see what develops...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I’m tempted to give this a try for the band saw to do some light resale work and maybe on the jointer - only cast iron bases I’ve got. Will make a trip to HF and see what develops...
any metal to include CI...

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,045 Posts
Interesting ideas for the magnetic base, these shots show the only things I've used mine for.
These feather boards lock solid.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
That’s it for me, Stick. The TS and router table tops are aluminum.
that's ferrous metal.... (iron/steel not aluminum)

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If I'm not mistaken the magnetic gauge bases are rated at something like 170lbs of pull. Not going to move!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have gooseneck LED light for my lathe that uses the magnated switch base. No matter what twisting, pulling and smack it around from the other side of the lathe to do cleaning, I have yet knocked it loose.

CAD-Man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts