Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
31,266 Posts
Are those magnetic bases strong enough not move during operation? Wouldn’t have thought they would be...
mated rare earth magnets..
not likely...

· Marine Engineer
Doug
4,963 Posts
Are those magnetic bases strong enough not move during operation? Wouldn’t have thought they would be...
The blocky switchable magnet indicator bases are very powerful magnets, on a cast iron saw or jointer they are plenty strong.

I have 2 switchable magnetic featherboards and they hold just fine, even on a waxed table saw top.

· Registered
31,266 Posts
The blocky switchable magnet indicator bases are very powerful magnets, on a cast iron saw or jointer they are plenty strong.

I have 2 switchable magnetic featherboards and they hold just fine, even on a waxed table saw top.
oh yes...
way more than plenty strong...

Reactions: Nickp

· Registered
508 Posts
I’m tempted to give this a try for the band saw to do some light resale work and maybe on the jointer - only cast iron bases I’ve got. Will make a trip to HF and see what develops...

· Registered
31,266 Posts
I’m tempted to give this a try for the band saw to do some light resale work and maybe on the jointer - only cast iron bases I’ve got. Will make a trip to HF and see what develops...
any metal to include CI...

· Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,066 Posts
Interesting ideas for the magnetic base, these shots show the only things I've used mine for.
These feather boards lock solid.

Attachments

· Registered
31,266 Posts
That’s it for me, Stick. The TS and router table tops are aluminum.
that's ferrous metal.... (iron/steel not aluminum)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.