Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on a closet in my house. I figured the 11 year mark was the perfect time to replace the substandard single clothes rail that the contractor put in the master bedroom closet. One thing led to another, and I ended up "designing" my was to needing a specific cut in a piece of plywood that could be made by a router. That's right, I have a table router on the patio, under the tarp, right by the miter saw. I think I used it about ten years ago for something... can't remember what. So, I was looking to cut a 1/8 inch slot 1 inch deep in various locations in the center of the 3/4 inch side of the plywood. Hummm... Well, I started looking things up to see what the best way to accomplish that was, and I ended up joining here.

I hope I can learn a thing or two from the folks here. I have yet to read any posts.

I'm looking to purchase a horizontal router, but I really don't know a thing about them. I don't need the perfect router... I will be lucky to use one a couple of times a year. But I really don't want to spend my money on something like what I currently own... It works, but it ain't pretty! Best router about $100 could buy at that time, LOL. I'm older and have a little more money now, but can't see spending thousands on something I'll use infrequently (at least until I retire...).

Any suggestions on what to avoid? Any "you-gotta-get-one-of-those"es?

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, George.

You will find many on the forum, from hobbyists
to professional with similar interest in the router and its uses.

Take the time to learn how the forum works and ask any questions you want.

Try to post your question in the most appropriate section as not all members
read the Introductions section.

The members are only too happy to help.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,944 Posts
Hi George it's great to meet you and have you as a member of our community, welcome!

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum George.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts