Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Facilities Superintendent at a state part with previous CNC experience - but not with CNC routers.

I've been task with purchasing a CNC Router for our Carpenter Shop to primarily make signage - but hopefully many other things as well.

I've only been budgeted with $12,000 to purchase a complete work center and I need recommendations because that looks like only half the budget I actually need.

Are there any good, complete, router packages available in the 10k range allowing the other 2k for tooling?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course the guys want 4' x 8' but I'm familiar with having large parts hanging outside the volume and moving the work zone into the machine volume. The software just has to be powerful enough to support more complicated setups using Primary, Secondary, Tertiary Datum schemes. Hopefully the software makes this really simple.

To answer your question about 4' x 4' or 3' x 5' X/Y volume with decent Z axis capability.

In addition to wood signs and furniture parts we'd also like to be able to "mill" (route) plastic and aluminum as well as do vinyl cutting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ger21,

I've been out of the CNC world for a while and need to get semi-smart quick.

I really appreciate your advice.

mhorton

1 - 3 of 3 Posts