Router Forums banner

CNC in an afternoon, for very little.

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  UglySign 
#1 ·
Found this link looking for something else. Sounds too good to be true, so probably is. I have not checked it out, just looked at it. I do not know if it works, I do not care, I do not want a CNC. But, maybe some of you CNC guys can use the information, or not. Claims you can put one together as low as $150, by using used parts.
http://www.diymagicmachine.com/vsl/index.php?r=4117&r=2576&hop=truesecure

Let us know if someone tries it, and it actually works.

Reactions: MEBCWD
#3 ·
IF I were going to do something like this, I'd use plywood, possibly multiple layers - I do not like MDF for any use. I think he is likely exaggerating on more than just accuracy, and probably more than just a tad. But, never can tell, might be just what he claims. Hey, he's not claiming to be the Easter Bunny or something too, is he?
>:)

Reactions: MEBCWD
#4 ·
Sorry, but all I got was red flags when watching that video. The biggest flag popped up when he claimed all you needed was imagination. Yes, it may be possible to put together a cheap CNC for cheap, but you'll still need software to control it, and an understanding of how to create 3D models which you then can turn into 3D tool paths before you can have it cut the instrument shown in the video. That'll take another program or two to pay for and learn. The whole sales pitch purpose is to sell you the book which I'll bet is non-refundable. In addition, a CNC isn't all you need to complete a big woodworking project. Throw in a few thousand more dollars for the rest of the tools needed.

4D

#5 · (Edited)
4D all you need is imagination. You can imagine that this is all true. You can imagine that all the pictures he shows in the video were really built using his DIY Smart Saw. You can imagine all you need to do is push a button and the parts will be cut in minutes. You can imagine that all it takes is simple tools to build one. You can imagine that all it takes is to attach it to a computer with a USB cord to to run it. You can imagine when he says it includes a free 3D app that he is talking about software to do 3D CNC projects. You can imagine that the 101 CNC Woodworking video , included at no additional cost, is a quality collection of training videos that will have you producing craftsman quality projects in no time. And you can imagine that you will get your $39.00 back because this outstanding offer is backed by his 60 days 100% Money Back Guarantee, all you have to do is prove you built a DIY Smart Saw and were not satisfied with how it operated.

#9 ·
I want one!!! It looks so easy. Somebody better tell Mike and David it only takes 10 minutes to learn, an afternoon to build, and less than $500. We've been scammed with our machines. Darn, I hate that when it happens. I could have had a whole factory running for what I got in my single machine. I blew it again!!!

#15 ·
Not bad... it does, spit-out & print as well as carve.

1. It's the only ultra-precise wood carving machine that can spit-out unique, personalized pieces of woodwork
    [*]Once you've made a design you can print it out as many times as you want and sell it.
    [*]Self-correcting & auto-pilot

I'll keep going too because my wife & I will love it.

I think I'll look into house flipping and contact Carleton H. Sheets.

Too bad I cant place any "tiny classified ads" with Don Lapre's program no more.

Well at least Richard Simmons made a comeback recently, thats over now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.