Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost two years ago I fired up the CNC for the first time and right away decided to cut a sign with several bit changes, varying depths of cut on the letters, generated in one G-code, and no clue how to make bit changes once it took off. But, it was an inexpensive and soft piece of WRC so I let 'er rip. Well, I completely messed it up and kept the piece as a reminder as to what happens when you get in over your head.

The other day I decided I would modify the file because I know a WHOLE lot more about Fusion 360 now and thought I'd see if I could cut the sign properly on the other side of the same board.

Here's the one from Dec. 2016 -
Text Font Nameplate Wood Commemorative plaque

And the one from this week -
Font Nameplate Wood Signage Metal

I haven't decided whether to paint it, stain it, or just leave it alone. If I hang it on the house it will be out of the weather and away from the sun.

You have my permission to laugh at my expense - I did! LOL! :grin:
David

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That had to be one thick board. I'd have burned the evidence. Fires are nice on cool evenings. Keep your reputation of being perfect in tact!!
Haha! That reputation, if it ever existed, is ancient history, I'm afraid. :wink:

Yes, the board is 2" thick so I had plenty of room to play with.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.