Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been thinking of all the expense for a table top even if you can get a guy with a cnc at a better rate. or buying a top for a hundred dollars from Amazon . You only need a row and a column of holes at 90 degrees. My guy wanted $120 for a 2 ft by 6 ft Wood working does not require such tight tolerances .

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had good success only 4 holes using my ezsmart track saw. My 3/4 bolt parf dogs got just as good cuts as with my radial arm saw. I can cross cut up to 30 inch wide and 48 inch long using stop blocks. Table is 36 by 72 going to replace my radial arm saw. I will post pictures when weather improves getting big snow storm in next couple days.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my setup. First picture shows set up with right side is squared to saw. Second shows kerf measure from the right side of the kerf along the fence to desired length.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
@roofner

That's similar to what I was planning to do until I looked at the MFT-type top. Per the attached sketch - the track is attached to the EZ Bridge which is "fixed" - i.e. not normally moved - but the fence is moveable on the (3) t-tracks and would be squared to the track. I show the fence at the beginning of the cut but planned to have it at the back of the table so that the cutting forces push towards the fence rather than trying to push the part away from the fence as it would with the fence in the lower position - basically the same set-up as we would have on the RAS. I show full length t-tracks, thinking that I could move the fence closer to the front when cross-cutting narrower parts. Not easy to see in that view is the replaceable strip under the RH edge of the track that could be replaced when it got too chewed up - and I only really did that because I was planning to cover the top with laminate. I have the track on the right end of the table because I normally cut with the material to the right of the track being the offcut.

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am very happy with how this works. It will replace my radial arm saw and gain space. Thanks for the inspiration Tom with your earlier post. I have made parts for project I am working on. I am going to remake my door for my clock with new process. If I had it to do over I would make the 2 fences 4.5 inches and leave the fence to extend 2 inches over the edge of table so I could clamp my track. I may even do that later. My weather has not been great we got about 25 inches of snow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts