Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have CNC Router with Sparkfun stepoko board and I have connected Servo motor(5v) with PWM pin and works fine. But yesterday I installed the limit switchs and enabled Homing too.

Initially not responded for homing But after changed polarity switch, works fine.

But unfortunately, my servo not responding now.

If I change the polarity, PWM Servo works fine but not Homing.

What to do...Reply from experts..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I think you mean spindle and not servo. What exactly do you have? 3 phase with a VFD or a DC spindle?

It seems you are getting PWM - hard to judge actual PWM duty cycle by LED brightness, it's not a linear response. I would check the connection wires to see if your spindle is actually seeing the PWM.

Did you change Max Spindle Speed? ($30) What is it currently set at? What is Min Spindle Speed set at? ($31)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you mean spindle and not servo. What exactly do you have? 3 phase with a VFD or a DC spindle?

It seems you are getting PWM - hard to judge actual PWM duty cycle by LED brightness, it's not a linear response. I would check the connection wires to see if your spindle is actually seeing the PWM.

Did you change Max Spindle Speed? ($30) What is it currently set at? What is Min Spindle Speed set at? ($31)
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Mine is a Mini CNC router. Yes, you are correct. Spindle PWM only.

I found that problem with polarity.

If I change the polarity, PWM Servo works fine but not Homing.

If I change the polarity in the opposite side then Homing works fine but not Servo.

What to do...Any idea?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah, clearly the limit switches are interfering with spindle PWM, maybe you have the limit switch hooked to the wrong pin or you are shorting the limit switch to the PWM output. examine your controller circuit board for shorts, stray bits of metal or bent pins. Anything made of chinesium often has quality problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, clearly the limit switches are interfering with spindle PWM, maybe you have the limit switch hooked to the wrong pin or you are shorting the limit switch to the PWM output. examine your controller circuit board for shorts, stray bits of metal or bent pins. Anything made of chinesium often has quality problems.
Thanks a lot for your support. I have checked the Limit switches and when I pressing the limit switch, the lights are responding to the corresponding axis.

PWM pinout totally away from the Limit switches...

:crying:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.