Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am a new owner of a cnc router table that I purchased off Ebay. I am having trouble with it and I have a few questions. It has cad r14 and runs mach 3 but when i open up the program it has a box that says you need the authentication code to open this program? I would like to replace the with v-carve pro software. I was told that i would have to replace the control box?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I doubt you will have to replace the control box. Mach 3 is what does the direct control of your CNC by sending your control box the G-Code. V-Carve Pro will generate the G-Code that Mach 3 will interpret and run your CNC. V-Carve Pro will be a replacement for CAD r14, but will work with, and not replace, Mach 3.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I doubt you will have to replace the control box. Mach 3 is what does the direct control of your CNC by sending your control box the G-Code. V-Carve Pro will generate the G-Code that Mach 3 will interpret and run your CNC. V-Carve Pro will be a replacement for CAD r14, but will work with, and not replace, Mach 3.
Cody you should have been given the code for the cad r14 software.

Cody like Mike says there should not be a need to change the control box. The VCarve Pro software will save a gcode file for Mach 3 to run the CNC with the control box you have as long as there is noting wrong with the control box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts