Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought new in 6/2015. Fully assembled, operational, and in great condition. Over $10K invested. Asking $6500 if you come get it. I have a trailer and could help with local transport but you help organize the people power. Local pickup only at Redmond, Washington (30 min outside of Seattle). I don't want to mess with breaking it down myself and trying to ship it.

Light use, but enough use to get it dialed in and get proficient with it. I really enjoyed working with this machine but don't have the time for it anymore.

From the original invoice from CNC Router Parts:
1*x PRO4896*4'*x*8'*CNC*Router*Kit
1*x PRO*Complete*Cable*Track*Kit
1*x Steel*Leg*Kit*(PRO*CNC)
1*x 4*Axis*Digital*Plug*and*Play*Nema*23*System
1*x Pepperl*+*Fuchs*Proximity*Limit*Switch*Kit
1*x Porter*Cable*690/892*Router*Mount
1*x Mach3*CNC*Control*Software

Includes a Porter Cable router, but it is easily upgradable to use a spindle if/when you want to upgrade.

Includes the PC so you will be plug and play ready to go. Tons of accessories like Auto Z and Corner Finding Touch Plate, drag knife, digitizing probe (fun accessory), bits, hold downs etc. Jet dust collector, dust shoe, fittings, etc.

I will put up some pictures by next Monday, but thought I'd get this post out before heading out of town for Fri/Sat/Sun in case someone wanted to get the ball rolling for a possible Memorial Day pickup or viewing of it.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Does this version use V bearings or linear bearings . The reason I ask , cncrouterparts upgraded to linear bearings a while back , but I can’t remember the exact year .

If you’d like help to post pictures, let me know and I’ll send you my personal email so I can post them for you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are referring to the differences between the PRO and non-PRO models. The introduction of the PRO model was what maybe you are referring to. The PRO models use the V-Roller system and the non-PRO uses a flat system (which I guess was harder assemble and align). So I think you have the upgrade direction wrong (with the V system being preferred) This is the PRO version. I'm not aware of another change if you are talking about something else. I can research further. I can't take pictures until I return on Monday but thanks for the offer to help post.
Don

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
No ,at one time the pro version was V bearing only . Later on they found a company that supplied them with linear bearings , so they did an update and went with linear bearings.

Regarding the non pro version , I don’t care for that version at all .
Scottart here has an older Pro version and it’s the V bearing system. I am not bashing the V bearing system in any way , as they both have there advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey RainMan 2.0,

I'm interested in your thoughts on the pros/cons of the v-bearing system compared to the linear rail system and why you think CNC router parts moved to the linear rails if they are equal.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Linear rails would increase the rigidity of the machine ,and less maintenance for two.
The V bearings sit on hardened rails , of which I’ve seen owners wear them out prematurely as possibly they had the V bearings set to tight .
The V bearings would have the advantage dust wise imo , although I suspect the linear bearings would have decent wipers .

I read cncrouterparts found a company that could supply linear rails at a reasonable price ,this way they could keep the price the same and competitive after upgrading the design to linear bearings instead of their previous V bearing setup .
Obviously I’m no expert on the subject , just things I’ve picked up on over the last five years or so .
I know Scottart here at the forum has had great success with there V bearing Pro model .
The linear bearing upgrade was released shortly after Scott acquired his .
I’d be happy with either, although I’d prefer linear bearings. I was tempted to build a scratch built cnc router table , but the price for 20mm linear bearings is outrageous, so I’d be further ahead buying one from cncrouterparts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts