Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a coffee table i made for my friend It is made from Brazilian Cherry or JOBOTO i guess is the other name It is a hard wood It is 2.3 time harder or denser than oak May be off on the dens. It sure did work up nice I use M.L. CAMPBELL cabnet grade lacquer And it sure is heavy I made the legs from 4 pieces glued up and than fluted on each side He didn't want any turned leg's he was the boss thank's for looking del

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very nice, Del.

What is it about the South American woods? I've made several things with purpleheart (also Brazilian), and the stuff is really dense. I made a small plant stand, and almost split a gut hauling it out of the shop!

·
2,392 Posts
Very NICE, Del!

I have some Jatoba too... real heavy stuff... did you have any trouble milling the wood? ... beads n all the fine cuts?

Aren't they pretty heavy?

Should last a life-time!

Thank you for sharing...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
coffee table

Joe Lyddon said:
Very NICE, Del!

I have some Jatoba too... real heavy stuff... did you have any trouble milling the wood? ... beads n all the fine cuts?

Aren't they pretty heavy?

Should last a life-time!

Thank you for sharing...
I didn't have any trouble I have good router bits Amana Of course their are other good bits But at my friends place where i get my wood They have them in stock Make's it easy to buy Sometime's i get carried away I bet nobody else does ?? And my planer i have sharp blade's The wood came out very slick Looked like it was sanded all ready thank's for the nice reply's

·
Registered
595 Posts
Very nice work, I never had the opportunity to work with wood from South America. Sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a try

1 - 9 of 9 Posts