Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hello. my name is paul , i live in belfast, n, ireland. as i have said , i am a complete novice to using a router, some times i think , that it is possible that you can read to much on the internet, there seems to be so many , different routers, and tables , and router bits etc, etc. i keep singing birds as a hobby, and i want to built my own bird cages,for the spring time coming , when it is a pleasure to listen to the birds singing.is it possible to making dowel rods , using a router ? what kind of jig would you make ?
can anyone give me advise , on what is the best router and table to start of with ? i would love to make my own, to save money. and then put good money into a good router and bits. would anyone have a good set of plans to make a router table ? and could anyone give me advise on what kind of system i can use , with a router, for inlays , i would like to start putting designs with string inlays , like veneering . i would be very grateful for any help and advise , that anyone can give me .

yours kindly paul

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Paul and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome, Paul, I'm a newbie here myself but I've lots of router experience and would advise you to look around elsewhere here for shop-built table routers and such.

I'm partial to the Dewalt DW616 plunge router because of its versatility and rugged construction. I use it for doing mortises mostly, but it has served me well in other uses.

The best setup is a dedicated router cabinet with a large work surface. You can build your own from plans (google ultimate router table, or norm abrams router table) available on the internet.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts