Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Frank
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally completed my wife's blanket chest. It is made 100% from walnut. The lid has end caps that are attached with a dove tail. The first two pictures show the routing process on the lid. Because of the approximate 50" length of the lid, I had to build a larger fence for the router table. It worked like I wanted. The last three pictures are the completed chest. If you enlarge the last picture, you can see the details on the lid.

Frank

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Very well done Frank,like the overall design.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Premium Member
Frank
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tom,

No dados. Made from scraps and had to make sure it was square to table. After completed, still had to insert shim to square up to table.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

Frank

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
All of the above and then some. Love the attention to detail. You won't find that in any store. But I have to ask, is that pocket holes in the bottom/sides in the last picture? Great looking shop as well.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
That Frank goes into the "Fine furniture" category and if entered into an exhibition would almost certainly win top honours. I've made many blanket and toy chests over the years but non that even compares.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Wow Frank,

That's impressive. I've never before seen the hinges like that and I like it very much, it makes the top so much nicer when closed.

Dan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.