Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hi Steve, looking very good. Hope your cat appreciates the mid-century-modern style. Question: where dose the cat go?
After you posted a previous project using glue-lam beech, I found some here (imported, very pricey), but not as nice-looking as yours.

·
Registered
21,703 Posts
Clever cat castle! Really nice project. Easy to get into, for the cat and for the cleaner. Nice to have a cabinet to keep cat stuff in. Well thought out. The drop front and strips for venting are really clever.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
It's a pleasure to see that someone still has the motivation to carry on in this ridiculous atmosphere of covid shutdown after shutdown. Our provincial government has buggered this thing up from the get-go. On again, off again shut downs starving small business, paying little attention to health advisors, allowing seniors in long term care institutions that are privately owned to perish because of a lack of help, I've had it. I've had enough. the easy way out is the best way out.

·
Registered
Steve
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Steve, looking very good. Hope your cat appreciates the mid-century-modern style. Question: where dose the cat go?
After you posted a previous project using glue-lam beech, I found some here (imported, very pricey), but not as nice-looking as yours.
Hi Biagio.
Thank you! The entrance is on the left, where you can see the routed "ladder". That's a short internal wall for the cat to walk behind and into the tray.

·
Registered
Steve
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for your kind words, they are an encouragement to me. I had fun doing this project, and feel more comfortable with each project I do. Woodworking is such a vast world in itself, and I am enjoying what I do and what I learn.

·
Registered
Steve
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great work! As a cat owner myself, your cabinet is very well thought out.
Thank you. I can't take all the credit, the internet was a big source of inspiration, and my wife helped with design based on what she felt were requirements. We both worked on having an actually useful size, as what we saw online seemed really only fit for kittens or very small cats, and our boy is quite big.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.