Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to make my models look exactly like the project I'm working on so when I'm using a castor in the project, I buy them and then model them in sketchup.

Here's a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Most companies now make DXF files available for their hardware products. You might save considerable time by importing them into Sketchup than trying to draw each one. It would eliminate drawing errors too. Of course, if you are doing it for Sketchup practice, don't let me stop you.

Charley

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most companies now make DXF files available for their hardware products. You might save considerable time by importing them into Sketchup than trying to draw each one. It would eliminate drawing errors too. Of course, if you are doing it for Sketchup practice, don't let me stop you.

Charley
Ebay sellers don't have DXF files for their products, and the 40mm castor took 20 minutes to build. Measurements with a caliper, so it's just as easy t make them. Wish the actual building of a project in wood was as quick as building something in sketchup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.