Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to rewire my control box because it looks like a rats nest. Any suggestions on where I can get a good schematic of how a professional control box looks including the in and out hardware on the back?

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
Take a look at mine, David. See if this is what you're going for. I've seen better and I've seen worse, mine is somewhere in between I guess. The enclosure is several pages in but I'm not sure how far.

2nd Build first

David

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I'd just do it one wire at a time. Clip one end of a wire, solder the end of the new wire, follow the old wire to the end, clip it, then solder the new wire in place. Then I'd fasten them together with tie dies. Easier than relying on a schematic as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
David , I have no idea how you trouble shoot that lol . Imo #1 I’d go with a larger enclosure .
Here’s a pic of one from a cnc forum , and Kent’s very picky about his builds. I just thought it may give you some ideas.
I really like how those grey trays manage the wire

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.