Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I´m writing here because I have just one question that I would like to ask.

I´m using an old Lurem c260n combined machine. I'm also using a router beneath a table as a router table.

I haven´t made my router table that smart - so I can´t adjust the height unless I lift up the router, and that can be quite annoying I think.

My question is if there is any possible way to convert my spindle moulder on the Lurem c260n into a router table?

I´m not sure if my spindle moulder runs with enough rpm to run with a router bit? And I don´t know if such a converter/adapter exists at all?

The spindle on the Lurem c260n is 30mm., and I need to convert it into a 8mm. shank for the router bits to fit into.

Please let me know what you think :)

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

Torben

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sadly, Torben, I think this will prove to be a difficult modification. I did own a C260N for a few years (albeit nearly 40 years ago) and I seem to recall that the spindle was designed to take 30mm bore spindle tooling and ran at 4500 and 7000 rpm. That means it is suitable for use with a Euro spindle block, providing you have the correct guarding (Shaw - or SUVA-guard). but that it is far too slow for use with any form of router cutters (which generally require 18,000 rpm and above).

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Job and Knock,
Thanks for your answer to my question.
I believe you are right, the rpm is too slow for a router bit to make a good result - definitely!
I guess I'll have to make my router table better, so that I can use it as I like to.
Thanks again! ☺
Torben

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I think Eric is probably right about the speed. I took a burned out big Freud and rigged it so I could drive it with a 3450 rpm motor I have. Using a large pulley on the motor and small pulley on the router shaft I estimate it’s running at about 10,000 to 12,000 rpm and it will run a small bit like a 1/2” to 3/4” ball nose but I don’t think I could go a lot slower than that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Cherryville Chuck,
Nice to hear from you as well. I'll have figure something out for my router table where I'm using a Dewalt router. I know that there are many good examples of very functional router tables on YouTube. Guess I just have to take my time and build a nice one ☺👍

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
There are lots of examples on here too. Just use the Community Search function and have a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.