Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I currently have a fixed base router that I use for my router table. I'm not in a big hurry to get the plunge base router yet but would at least like to know of some accessory or plans to make one. I'm just waiting until I can afford to get the Porter-Cable combo kit. In the mean time, anyone know of some type of plans or accessory to make a fixed base router into a plunge base? I seen the accessory in one of the books I have but don't know where to get one. Later... :)

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,788 Posts
depending on the brand of router you have, a plunge base may already exist as an accessory. I have seen the individual bases for various types of routers on Ebay.

I did a quick search, and did not find anyone with plunge base plans.
hope this helps,

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kp91 said:
depending on the brand of router you have, a plunge base may already exist as an accessory. I have seen the individual bases for various types of routers on Ebay.

I did a quick search, and did not find anyone with plunge base plans.
hope this helps,
Yeah, I did a search too and didn't find any either. But that's okay, no biggy. I was just thinking about it. I'm not in need of a plunge router yet but would still like to have one. Thanks kp91! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts