Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many carving duplicator s which one would be the cheapest to copy musky lures for my own personal use . Thanks, Tom Megna

·
Official Greeter
18,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tom.

There are many out there and, also, many have made their own.

Check the recent posts in the forum.

·
Registered
Theo
7,110 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Yeah, I'd definitely make my own. And I'm fairly sure I've seen several homemade versions on various fishing forums. You are on the WWW after all, do a bit of searching.

·
Registered
Theo
7,110 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I built the Copycarver from copycarver.com plans. I like it a lot for things like ducks and full size fish. Their website has a lot of information.
However, depending on how many you intend to make, for large muskie lures I would consider making something like this

Sorvailua osa2 - YouTube

There are many more but this may give you some ideas

·
Registered
124 Posts
I found a number of machines like the one above on Youtube. Some, are fully automated which is not necessary. It would be much easier to make it with the router/follower manually advanced with a screw shaft with a handle.

·
Registered
Theo
7,110 Posts
However, depending on how many you intend to make, for large muskie lures I would consider making something like this

Sorvailua osa2 - YouTube
I found one that worked very, very, similar to this one, but without all the complexity and wires. I believe it was screw fed, using a second drill and threaded rod. Should be quite simple to make a stop switch when it reached the end, then you could turn it one, and walk away.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,679 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom.
Ross

1 - 11 of 11 Posts