Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is my first post. I have been reading your forum for a while picking up tips and tricks. I only starting woodworking about six months ago and recently built a router table. Below is the first project i built using the router table.It is a corner cabinet i built for my parents.I used the CMT 6 piece cabinet makers set to make all the doors and draws and also the 2 end panels.

Cheers Dave.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hi, I only starting woodworking about six months ago

Cheers Dave.
okay.... aw huh......
this is some really nice work Dave...

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
:)
Hello Dave, glad you found us, it's great to have you as a member of the community, welcome to Router Forums.
What model # router is in your table

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome Dave. Do you tend to be "gifted" at other things you do? If you went from zero to that in 6 months then you must be a fast learner and we must be better teachers than I thought we were.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Cheers Guys, I am really happy with the way it turned out. I have done a lot of metal work in the past and i think that really helped me out. I wished i got into woodwork a lot earlier as i find it much more enjoyable.

Thanks Dave.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
welcome to the forum,Dave.

I see you follow the right team.

I did not expect a fan that far north......

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
welcome to the forum,Dave.

I see you follow th right team.

I did not expect a fan that far north......
James how did you discern which team he is a fan of?

BTW Awesome work Took me over 6 months just to put my shop together. What sort of metal work developed your skill set?

OOPs bad manners Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Do you tend to be "gifted" at other things you do? If you went from zero to that in 6 months then you must be a fast learner and we must be better teachers than I thought we were.

I suspect Dave is the kid I hated in school who sat at the front of the class and never did homework and always got straight A's :D

For obvious reasons I sat at the back of all my class rooms :jester:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What sort of metal work developed your skill set?

OOPs bad manners Welcome to the forum
Hi Paduke, I worked night shift as a cotton ginner as there where no shops open to buy spare parts and things we had to fabricate our own, most of the times it was just a quick fix until the dayshift crew came in. So there wasnt just one specific thing it was a bit of everthing.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
James how did you discern which team he is a fan of?
If you look in the background on the shot of the raised router table, you will discern a yellow and blue sign where part of the word "Eels" is showing in two places.

The "Eels" are the Parramatta rugby league team in Sydney that I follow........:dance3:

Goondiwindi,QLD,Australia is about 750 km from Sydney...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.