Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two things, but you old time guys may know all about them. First, I found a "sanding block" at Walmart the other day, about 4X6" that has a heavily ribbed rubber bottom. I'm sure it works as a sanding block, but it REALLY works as a nice push block. And costs less than $5. And I guess you COULD use it for sanding too.
Second, I bought and installed an MJ Splitter on my T-saw. Yes, I know you can fabricate something similar, but this little dandy is for us new guys. I wish the instructions were a little more clear. Go to the MicroJig site (same people who make the Grrrriipper) and check it out. I LIKE it.
I am now working on a blade guard design. I can't help it.....running that saw without something over the blade just makes me nervous!
Okay. Thats all. You guys are probably way ahead of me. :D

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Hey Birch..... Great idea on the sanding block using it as a push block. Never thought about that one.

I have the micro jig splitter and the Grr-Ripper as well..... would not be without them. Corey sold me on the idea and I thank him every time I use the TS.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here's an old guy idea. Going back to the sanding block, I make mine using a 3"x18" or 3"x21" sanding belt in grits from 50x on up. I take a 3" piece of 5/8" or 3/4" plywood and cut it 3"wide and cut it to length to push tightly into the sanding belt. The end edges should be eased a bit to keep from tearing the belt when inserting. Also make a slight bevel on the corner that gets fed into the belt to help guide it. This "block" sander gives a wide area and is very easy to use and it's inexpensive.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Rolf

No pictures ,just his signature jpg, Mark had to disable the jpg for a bit to fix the error on the forum, with jpg in the signatures .

Bj :)

rmaxa said:
Cabinetman, I'm not able to see your pics
Rolf

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick followup: the sanding block from Walmart is solid rubber or plastic, has the wire clips front and rear to hold sandpaper, BUT it is the bottom I like-very closely spaced ribs and entire bottom rubber, soft, like an eraser. Put it down on a piece of plywood and it sticks like glue!! So cheap you almost can't afford to waste time making one!
And CHEAP is my middle name. Actually, "chips" is my middle name. HA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.