Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I found your forum while searching the internet to find an answer for my dilemma, which was my craftsman router suddenly stopped working for no particular reason. I see that I was not alone, and that the culprit seemed to be the soft-start circuitry, which may be by-passed.
One of your members had obtained some instructions on doing that, and if that info is still available I'd really appreciate getting it!
I actually pulled the motor and took it to my local Sears repair department, who told me that they don't 'fix' anything there, but ship everything off to Tennessee, but he also pulled the schematic up on the computer, which showed that none of the parts were available anyway. In other words, their advice was to junk it and buy a new one.
So thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction, and/or forward me the info I need.
:help:

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello!
I found your forum while searching the internet to find an answer for my dilemma, which was my craftsman router suddenly stopped working for no particular reason. I see that I was not alone, and that the culprit seemed to be the soft-start circuitry, which may be by-passed.
One of your members had obtained some instructions on doing that, and if that info is still available I'd really appreciate getting it!
I actually pulled the motor and took it to my local Sears repair department, who told me that they don't 'fix' anything there, but ship everything off to Tennessee, but he also pulled the schematic up on the computer, which showed that none of the parts were available anyway. In other words, their advice was to junk it and buy a new one.
So thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction, and/or forward me the info I need.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Jim

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hello Jim, welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts