Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this router that I inherited from my father around 1988. I used it for a few projects around the house, and it has been sitting unused for years buried deep in my shed, hence this question before I spend the time digging it out. I have the manual but I can not find anywhere in the manual about the max router bit shaft size. Does anyone know what it is?

I ask because I just bought a Freud 3/4" bit and was kind of surprised to see that it has a ½" shank. I was planning on using it with my Makita RT0701C, but it only has a 1/4" max shank size. This is kind of a separate question, but is it possible to get a collet for the Makita that will take bits with ½" shank? Looking at the Makita site, it looks like it is possible, but far too confusing to me as to what to order.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Very informative. I just looked at the description of the bit that I bought and of course the ½" shank is clearly in the description, I just didn’t pay attention. The Freud 50-118 is what I bought. Hopefully I can return it and order the 04-140 which looks perfect for what I want to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.