Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I am a new member and I am reaching out to you all to see if someone can point me in the right direction to address my concern. I have a Craftsman Commercial Router 315.17380 and I need part number 2-606534-01 which is the Height Adjustment Pinion. Basically the gear between the adjustment nobs the raises and lowers the router. The part is discontinued but I am hoping someone may know who has part new or even used.
Thank you
Peter

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello welcome to the router forum Peter

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I would say either ebay, or toss it, and buy a new router. I have 5 old Craftsman routers. They all work, and are all used by me. But if one dies I won't bother trying to find any parts, I will either toss it, or keep it for parts, and move on to using 1 of the other routers.

Reactions: RiovistaAndy

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,073 Posts
Welcome to the forum Peter.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If I had the router I would buy a lift and mount it permanently on a table. Why spend the money trying to fix something that will probably need more unavailable parts in the future.

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Unhappily, Craftsman parts are generally not available. Craftsman power tools seem to be disposable items because they rarely have any parts available after a couple of years. Whatever the reason, we get a LOT of Craftsman router requests for parts, and we almost never can find them. Ebay, pawn shops and that's about it.

I also suggest you buy a new, mainline router brand. Members are generally fond in the U.S. of the Bosch 1617 EVSPK kit, which comes with router and fixed and plunge bases. You can even get a base meant for table use with a key to adjust height from the top.

The router is capable of doing so many things that investing in a good one is well worthwhile. If you are outside the U.S., other brands are pretty good as well. I have a couple of the 1617s and used one in the table for many years. You can still get parts (collets in particular) and their customer service is to notch. Check prices carefully, I've seen this kit for as low as $200.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all.
I am a new member and I am reaching out to you all to see if someone can point me in the right direction to address my concern. I have a Craftsman Commercial Router 315.17380 and I need part number 2-606534-01 which is the Height Adjustment Pinion. Basically the gear between the adjustment nobs the raises and lowers the router. The part is discontinued but I am hoping someone may know who has part new or even used.
Thank you
Peter
I have that router. If I recall Ryobi and the Craftsmen routers were exactly same except for the name. Try Ryobi, if that fails buy a new router as your router is not worth replacing expensive parts. I made a horizontal router table and the Craftsmen is used here. I was working on a high rise one morning when my partner went nuts when the cutter slipped in the Craftsmen router. He removed the cutter, and thru the router down a trash chute. The collet is the problem with these routers as they cannot be changed or replaced. The collet is part of the motor shaft and with a lot of use the collet can no longer hold a cutter tight.
mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts