Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for posting this manual.

I have one of these routers and am having a bit of a time getting it to operate properly - the router only turns off with the switch off (trigger fully depressed and the lock engaged)!

I took the switch apart blew it out and reassembled it, but it still whirrs into action as soon as plugged into the wall, and only goes off when I press the trigger switch! The actual switch appears to be a simple dual pole single throw, but I cannot for the life of me understand why it is not working properly. It is squeaky clean and clicks when the trigger switch is depressed! Power cord is in excellent condition with no nicks, cuts or otherwise abraded, etc.

Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Mike did you buy it used acting like that or did you have it apart for some reason?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mike did you buy it used acting like that or did you have it apart for some reason?
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply - I got it used, but took it apart to clean out the dust, rust, etc., and paid careful attention to all the connections. It operated in reverse, from the get go - router on with the trigger switch out and retention/lock pin off, depressing the trigger turns it off! I also did some continuity tests on the wiring - there are four wires going to the switch - black, white, yellow and pink; black and white have continuity with the main power cord plug pins, but not with each other; the pink and yellow have continuity with the two sockets for the lamp connection. The switch seems to be a dual pole single throw type, as the little schematic shows two independent switching icons from black to yellow and white to pink.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are some pictures of the rascal switch; note the back with the switch icons - shows what looks like a DPST type and separate single connections for each wire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts