Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time listener, first time caller. Have a Craftsman 315.244770 . The shaft lock has broken off. From my best googling it appears I am doomed and can't purchase a replacement? I am also stumped at tearing this down to access the switch itself. Seems I can't get there from the top - trapped by the fan. Can't find a tear down guide so it is possible I am dumb but it appears I have to split this apart from the bottom to get to the shaft lock, but is there even any point if this switch is kryptonite and can't be purchased?

Any advice appreciated. Unit functions perfectly and would hate to bin a good tool over a stupid plastic switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
will that router take two wrenches to change bits???

Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I had and maybe still have one like it. There is a small Phillips head screw that holds the lock lever in place. You have to reach through the opening to access it and maybe bend the plastic a little. Once you get the lock lever out then you should be able to take the top off. At least that's how mine came apart. As for the part I'm not sure what you'll have to do about fixing it. There probably isn't one to buy. Maybe someone has one from a router that isn't usable but still has that part. The collets were also a problem and they are no longer available either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.