Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
Just bought a Craftsman Prof series table and have a Hitachi router that doesn't work with the mounting plate. Instead of buying an adapater plate, is there any reason why I can't just drill holes into the plate to match the Hitachi routers mounting holes? Or is there some type of design built into the Craftsman adapter plate. Thanks again for any help!
Jim

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Jim, you certainly can drill new mounting holes to fit your router. Take care that it is centered. Rousseau makes centering kits that cost like $3. These kits incude a 1/4" x 2" long shaft you chuck up in the router, a disk with a 1/4" hole in it that fits their mounting plate, and pointed Allen transfer screws you put into your routers base to mark the exact locations onto the plate. You can get the same effect with a home made set up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats exactly the info I needed. I'd rather play it safe so I ordered the Rousseau kit you suggested. Thanks again!!

aniceone2hold said:
Jim, you certainly can drill new mounting holes to fit your router. Take care that it is centered. Rousseau makes centering kits that cost like $3. These kits incude a 1/4" x 2" long shaft you chuck up in the router, a disk with a 1/4" hole in it that fits their mounting plate, and pointed Allen transfer screws you put into your routers base to mark the exact locations onto the plate. You can get the same effect with a home made set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.