Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the diagram on the Sear's website it looks like I am looking for part number 27. The teeth on the gear that raises and lowers the router snapped off. I can't seem to find this part anywhere. This was my grandfathers router so I hate to throw it away. Anyone know where I can find one of these?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Lori and welcome. That's one of the problems with old Sears routers is that parts are not available. It was made by Ryobi (the 315. at the start of the model number tells us that). That's called a rack and pinion adjustment. You might find an old one with a good gear. The gears didn't fail very often according to my observations. I think someone tried forcing it while the base was still clamped tight. There is also a chance that this gear and rack were available on other routers too since that might have been a part that Ryobi sourced out to another company. You would need to compare yours to the other to see if they mesh.

Reactions: billyjim

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ebay would be your best bet. Do "saved" search and wait for another router or part to come up. You could have a part printed but it would cost more than the router is worth. An old used router isn't worth more than $10 dollars.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Try OEM Replacement parts for Tools, Appliances, Consumer Electronics and more | eReplacement Parts for the part. I have tried to find the two wrenches to change the blade on my Ryobi TS. Ryobi only listed one and the other was always out of stock. Found both of them at the link given. I have said this before- Sears only stocks parts for a certain time frame and that's it when they run out. Plus they change some parts so they are not interchangeable with the comparable OEM part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts