Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to using routers. Picked one up from a fella who was getting rid of his dad's tools. Looking for a plunge base for it. Sears directs me to Craftsman. Then Craftsman directs me back to Sears. The sun rises from the east and sets to the west. And I still can't even get a model # for the base itself. Any advice or leads to a plunge base would be great!

Router is craftsman router 320.17543
*pic for reference and holla if you're a fan of listening to Pink Floyd while woodworking!:laugh2:

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Tony and welcome. Have you tried ereplacementparts.com? That might be a possibility. Sears closed down up here so it's impossible up here unless from a private source.

I wear ear muffs a lot of the time I'm working so I don't listen to any music in the shop but I've been a Pink Floyd fan since Atom Heart Mother came out and saw them live about 1973.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello Tony and welcome to the forums...
We're happy you found us...

We've gathered together is a bunch of pertinent/relative information on routering in this here link ... You should find everything (at least most) quite useful, a lot of help and get you off to a running start in the world of routers... Enjoy...

Do take some time and read the safety PDF's... PLEASE!!!
Blood and trips to the ER, we find, are very annoying... Not to mention – expensive...

We do welcome all questions on about any subject you can come up w/ too....
Not only that, we excel at spending your money...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,022 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tony.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Welcome aboard Tony. As for music while woodworking, only occasionally as the tools and dust collection usually drowns out anything else. Now for the quieter times like hand planing and finishing, yes music helps a lot. Most anything from the mid 60's to early 80's works for me. And classical if I need to deep study.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ummagumma? Astronomy Domine? One of my favorite albums stolen in 1975 along with all of my stereo equipment, but they couldn't steal my memory... that seems to be leaving all by itself.

·
Official Greeter
19,109 Posts
G'day Tony, welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts