Router Forums banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Manual for Rout-A-Signer

Brian,
Thank You so much for the help, I was going to send him my user manual if I got too much grief from the forum. The other option is I can send him a PDF, that way he will have it right now. Thanks again Brian, Joe
ICE: If you still have the .pdf for the Craftsman 2572 Rout-A-Signer, I sure could use it.We found the item in the basement, but no instructions. Thanks in advance.
my email address is: [email protected]. I found this forum by doing asearch on google for Rout-A-Signer.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Ice & Brian,

Would one of you please upload it to the "Router Reference" forum? We're building a reference library of manuals, etc. for all to use.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Craftsman Rout-a-Signer manual

I have the manual if yo still want a copy. It has a few areas missing by a hungry mouse but I can zerox you a copy if you still need it.
Are you still winning to share a copy of the Craftsman Rout-a-Signer manual? A fax or a scanned copy would be awesome, if you can do either of those. Also, I'd be happy to pay you for the copying and mailing if we need to go that route.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow... Funny that this has just came to the top page at this time. I actually was going to be posting something about this. I went to a buddies house the other day to borrow a router bit and after I got the bit he gave me his old router (he was given a new one) and a "Router Template Set". It has a model number of 9 2573 and does not say Craftsman at all, just Sears.

Is this about the same as the 2573 everyone is talking about?

I opened the box yesterday and it looks like it has never been out of the box before. It has letter templates for two sizes and I think all the mounts.

If it's not the same I would really like to know how to use it, so I can at least pay with it a bit.

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Yep.. Still in the original box too... cool!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Tim

The box worth more than the tool, so to say put it and the tool away and it will be worth a lot of money down the road.. :)

=
So, are you saying that it's not worth the effort to pull everything from the box and learn how to use it? I opened up the box and took a look and I think that everything is there. Even the small parts like the screws and nuts are still in a sealed plastic bag.

I however am not sure how to use it or even if it clamps to the wood or gets mounted on a separate board. If it does clamp to the edge of the board then that would be the one part I am not sure is in the box.

Tim

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Tim

You got it :)

Check out the links below, then you will see what I mean about the sears model...if you have a new tool you need all the help you can get and the milescraft will give you that.. :)

One video is worth a 10,000 words :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSzHf9pTA-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvxZxAQW9Sg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG6L1BriaJM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSzHf9pTA-Q

====

So, are you saying that it's not worth the effort to pull everything from the box and learn how to use it? I opened up the box and took a look and I think that everything is there. Even the small parts like the screws and nuts are still in a sealed plastic bag.

I however am not sure how to use it or even if it clamps to the wood or gets mounted on a separate board. If it does clamp to the edge of the board then that would be the one part I am not sure is in the box.

Tim

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would also appreciate a PDF copy if you can.
John

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a $15 Amazon gift card for the first person to provide a .PDF or a scanned copy of a (mostly) complete User Manual for the Craftsman Router-Signer, model 25972. When (if) I receive it, I will be sure to get it posted here. Please send to corykman (at) bellsouth (dot) net.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I should be receiving a paper copy in the next week or so. Once I do, I'll create a PDF for anyone who wants it. Perhaps I can get someone to post it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I now have the 8 page document and have created a .tif file. It has all of the setup tables to create letters up to 4 1/2 inches tall. I'm happy to share and would certainly be willing to post it somewhere. But where oh where to post the file?

·
Registered
63 Posts
That cracked me up, I received a Craftsman 3-D panograph set for my 10th birthday- Didn't use it much as i quickly learned to carve/ free rout details. I made some pretty good money doing that for being a kid!
Thanks for the flashback!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Gunpowder I'd sure like to have a copy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ICE, Email me the PDF and I will post it in our reference section. The no posting thing is valid until you make 10 posts. This eliminates the spam bots from striking us. I know it is a hassle but it is the best solution to date.
Mike, Do you still have a PDF of this manual? I had someone give this tool to me but want to make sure it is all here. Thanks for your help. Joe

·
Registered
235 Posts
Craftsman "rout-a-signer

Ice I would appreciate a copy.Thanke
My email is [email protected]

21 - 40 of 96 Posts