Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parts list for this router Craftsman 315.17491 shows a hex head set cap screw to hold the Lock/Unlock:help: Actuator to its shaft.
How do you access this set screw, the router case is in the way. Thank you, NORM

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Norm, in looking at the diagrams I'd say remove the 3 screws from the top of the cap and the whole cap should come off. then you should be able to access it.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, Norm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lock/unlock switch

Norm, in looking at the diagrams I'd say remove the 3 screws from the top of the cap and the whole cap should come off. then you should be able to access it.
Thank you, but even with the three screws the cap still is preventing access to the set screw on the lock/unlock switch.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Norm if removing the cap doesn't allow access, I don't have any other suggestions.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Norm, that screw has to come out to get the plastic handle on the lock shaft off. I have a similar, might be the same model, router and that is what I had to do to take mine apart. It is tight, but it is the only way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Norm, that screw has to come out to get the plastic handle on the lock shaft off. I have a similar, might be the same model, router and that is what I had to do to take mine apart. It is tight, but it is the only way.
The edge of the cap is too close tothe setscrew to allow an allen wrenchto fit into the slot. I even went so far as to drill away a portion of the edge of the cap. still cannot access the setscrew. If I take off anymore of the cap, I will be opening a gap large enough for the chips/dust to enter the bearing area which does not come with any recommendations

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The edge of the cap is too close tothe setscrew to allow an allen wrenchto fit into the slot. I even went so far as to drill away a portion of the edge of the cap. still cannot access the setscrew. If I take off anymore of the cap, I will be opening a gap large enough for the chips/dust to enter the bearing area which does not come with any recommendations
I went ahead and opened the opening enough to remove the screw--handle came right off. the shaft to which the handle was attached was frozen in place, is now free. Amazing what a small amount of lubricant can do. Thank all friends for assistance.

A friend in need is a friend indeed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.