Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow woodworking enthusiasts,
Despite my age I consider myself a rookie woodworker. I do not have a formal woodworking area in the home but instead rely on space in a local, community woodworking shop. Having just taken a course on router fundamentals I thought I'd better dust off my old Sears Craftsman router and put it to use. What I am trying to locate, so far without any luck is the instruction/parts manual. Does anyone have a copy of the manual for a Sears Craftsman Router, model 315.17361 (6 amps, 25,000 rpm)? I believe this model was manufactured in the 1970s. Apparently it is no longer available from Sears.

Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul. If you go to the Forums home page there is a section on manuals that might include yours. I can tell you that your router was made by Ryobi. Any Craftsman tool that begins with 315 was made by them.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
G'day Paul, welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Once you know the basics of routing, a manual for a router that old is pretty useless.
If it only takes 1/4" bits, plan on upgrading sooner the better to avoid cash invested in 1/4" rather than the better 1/2" shafted ones.
YMMV and IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts