Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

My name is cody and i am an ex cabinet maker thats getting back into woodworking...loosing an 1/8 of the middle of my fingers will make you stop for awhile. My question is i just bought what looked to be a brand new Craftsman digital router off a auction to get it home and realize the collet and nut are not there. Model number 320.50429. Its like this router doesnt exist according to sears parts direct and the rest of the internet any help in figuring out parts would be appreciated. i only have 1/4 bits so either a 2 in 1 or only 1/4 collet needed.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mr. N/a (would rater use a name than N/a but didnt see one, sorry)

I think the 50429 has the same parts as the 2768 minus the digital readout. One of the other members here can confirm that. The two collets 1/2 and 1/4 for the 2768 can be found here Craftsman 3202768 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

Much cheaper than parts direct anyway.
Steve

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
If your getting back into wood working you need both the 1/4 and 1/2" collet's. When possible a 1/2" collet is safer to use.

Welcome to the forum and yes a first name helps us be more friendly. Instead of saying "hey you" we can say your name.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts