Router Forums banner

Craftsman router

1666 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  reuelt
I have a craftsman professional electronic plunge router model 315.248700 that I need a 1/2” collet for. Does anyone know of any other router that might fit? I checked with Sears replacement parts and they can’t even find that model!
Kitchen appliance Camera accessory Gas Home appliance Auto part
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I tried to find the manual in our library. No joy...

Some of the older routers only came with 1/4" collets...
Thanks jw2170, this router came with three,1/4,3/8 and 1/2”. Only looking for the 1/2”.
Reactions: 1
ereplacementparts.com claims to have Crqaftsman router parts. Give them a try.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com specifically mentions having collets.
Check out ebay. I've had great luck with them in tha past for my vintage tool parts. Also do an internet search by typing the tool brand, model number and the part name (and/or the part number, if known). View the results and go from there. Also, type in the same info with ebay if you have a problem with search results.

- Bob
ereplacementparts.com claims to have Crqaftsman router parts. Give them a try.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com specifically mentions having collets.
They don’t have any collets and don’t even have a listing for that router. Already called them but thanks
From a quick search it looks like a rebadged Ryobi RE 600. Dunno if that might help with your hunt.

FYI: I've seen some Craftsman routers that have more than one number. Sometimes the motor and base are separately numbered. In that case you want the motor number.
From a quick search it looks like a rebadged Ryobi RE 600. Dunno if that might help with your hunt.

FYI: I've seen some Craftsman routers that have more than one number. Sometimes the motor and base are separately numbered. In that case you want the motor number.
Thanks will do a check on the Ryobi
The Bosch and Porter Cable collets fit my Craftsman routers. But the models I have are quite a bit newer than your older model. Looks similar to my old neighbors model. The collets were interchangable with mine. The manufacture of the Craftsman power tools made the same models for other companies, they just had different colors and SKU #'s
I’ve tried everywhere for the craftsman model and even for the Ryobi re600 which is supposedly the same machine, nothing!!!
The manufacture of the Craftsman power tools made the same models for other companies, they just had different colors and SKU #'s
Yes, the 315 prefix in the Craftsman number stood for Ryobi, in the old days anyway. There's a list of those prefixes somewhere. But knowing that doesn't necessarily make it any easier to find parts for an older Craftsman.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts