Router Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Naval Jelly

Took all the bolts, nuts and washers off the stand, motor, extensions and cabinet due to excessive rust. I pondered buying all new bolts and accessories but the stand carriage bolts are very hard to find cauz the bolt has grooves cut into the so they will tighten without slipping and where bolt meets head the the bolt is round and all the carriage bolts I find have a square. portion..so long story, short. I decided to try naval jelly and wow...im very impressed. I threw the hardware in a plastic container, poured some right into the container, shook well till all the hardware was covered. I let is sit for 30 minutes while continuously shaking every few minutes to help the process. I then rinsed all the jelly off, places the hardware on a towel to dry and then sprayed them with silicone to prevent further rust.

· Registered
80 Posts
Please keep us, or me at least, posted. I have three different Craftsman and one old Rockwell/Delta table saws that I planned to use the best parts to build my ideal machine, and fix up all the old ones to sell. I still haven't figured out what to do. I have multiple craftsman fences, one has the short, almost triangular arm but fits on a round guide, two are from the agled guides and the other is for the one with the shorter bed that I mainly bought for the motor. The Rockwell/Delta is all there as far as I can tell except the fence, but came with the round guides along with an old style Delta Unisaw fence and front rail. I have them spread out between three places and it's really ridiculous that I haven't got one going, I just have so much going on I haven't really figured out what to do. Maybe it's time to sit down and take pics of it all and ask on here under my own post :)

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
just took off the cast iron web extentions and noticed one of them had a curved surface. Guess I won't be using these extentions anytime soon. How the heck does a piece of metal that durable get such a pronounced curve running through it?

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
UPDATE: since finding that saw at the recycling center I've bought 3 more model 113 saws on CL of different varitions. I have become obsessed with this model 113 TS. Im going to make a custom PALS kit for it next week andfor will takeI pics ofand the process. I've already collected most of the steel to make a homemade beismeyer fence and have a set of real nice cast iron extensions that I might use on it instead of the aluminum ones that came with it. Although I now have 3 craftsman motors im still going to modify and use the 2 hp one. As for the base...im either going to wait to find the base for this TS (not standard size) or build a metal frame from scratch or a wooden cabinet.

· Registered
52 Posts
Hats off to you Sir for bringing this tool back to its former shine and elegance. Sounds like a good plan with your update. It is always a delight for me stumbling upon people who have so much interest with what others might consider as “trash”.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.