Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I'm no rookie, I pulled a really stupid one!
I pulled off the wires to trace a short, then went to get a piece of paper
to write down what went where. Before I got back to my bench, I got interrupted TWICE. Now the wires are apart, and I can't remember what was what! I'm almost ashamed to admit this - I did say "almost".

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Chuck

It can't be that old,, put the screws back it and then put it back in the box and then take it down to Sears,,they just may just give you a new...:) if not they can fix it.. :)

======

Although I'm no rookie, I pulled a really stupid one!
I pulled off the wires to trace a short, then went to get a piece of paper
to write down what went where. Before I got back to my bench, I got interrupted TWICE. Now the wires are apart, and I can't remember what was what! I'm almost ashamed to admit this - I did say "almost".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chuck,

I did the same thing when i had speed control problems on my Craftsman router (130.26620). My manual had a very crude wiring diagram in it. I would check there. If you don't have it you can google your part number and get it on line.

Also, my router had different sized pins. positive connections were smaller than the negative connections (they were also a slightly different color).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chuck

It can't be that old,, put the screws back it and then put it back in the box and then take it down to Sears,,they just may just give you a new...:) if not they can fix it.. :)

======
Well, It's old enough that most of the parts are no longer available!:sad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chuck,

I did the same thing when i had speed control problems on my Craftsman router (130.26620). My manual had a very crude wiring diagram in it. I would check there. If you don't have it you can google your part number and get it on line.

Also, my router had different sized pins. positive connections were smaller than the negative connections (they were also a slightly different color).
Thanks, but mine was only wire-nutted together. I don't have the manual. The router was given to me by the wife of a deceased friend. We looked for it but never found one.:sad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also, if its old enough; by that i mean no speed control, which it looks like it does not. You probably have 3 wires coming in; positive (black), negative (white) and ground (green). the ground is pretty easy to determine. now all you have is pos and neg which are wired right to the brushes on the motor. if thats the case, if you wire it backwards, it will spin in reverse. So then you just rip it apart and switch the wires.

I did that with my dad's old craftsman router. Don't remember the model tho. I'm sure its at least 25 years old.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Chuck,
If nothing else works, post a picture of this router, I have 8-9 of those old craftsman, most of them don't have the numbers anymore, But if I have it I'll open it up for you.
Is this the one with the switch in the handle? THat one is wired like Drew suggested.
Harry
the Tx one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,
Thanks to all of you, but I finally got my ole brain in gear and figured out the wiring. I soldered the wires together because I am pretty certain that one of them shorted out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts