Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to order a new Fence for Mt table saw I'm restoring... I have two queations

1. How big of one do I get? There are 3 sizes, are they for preference or for table size specific?

2. Does the fence from Mule replace the two stock outside rails or do I put the stock rails back on? I've never ordered a fence that didn't come with the table so I don't really understand what all I'm getting besides the obvious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
get two...
one that is as long or longer than the TS' table is deep and on that only makes it to the lead edge of the blade...

long for ripping/etc..
short for safely making cut offs and smaller pieces...

Reactions: swarfmaker

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I have a Mule fence and love it. Their rails replace the existing ones. I also bought an extra rail for my bandsaw so that I can use the fence on it. It takes about 1 minute to switch them.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Most after-market fences will require replacing the rails. This is actually a good thing as the rails on the original 113 series table saws were awful, especially the ones that only covered the right side of the saw.

It is hard to recommend Delta these days. However, I put a Delta T-2 30" fence on my saw a number of years ago (I documented the installation on this forum). Delta has since come out with the T-3 which looks like a nice upgrade to the T-2. Like the T-2, I think I have seen the T-3 for under $200 (includes fence and rails). Despite the issues with the company, it still may be worthwhile to look into it.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Except mine is not gold anodized. I installed mine on my old Rockwell back up saw. I also have a Unisaw with Unifence and the Mule is just as accurate and just as easy to use. And over $100 cheaper. Although I've never done it (yet) it would be easy to attach hold downs to the Mule and difficult to impossible on the Unifence.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Tom,

Your new motor get here yet????

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
Pretty soon, assembly, testing, setup, tuning. Then letting us know how it works. Very cool Tom.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Motor is here. At first I didn't think the bracket would line up, it's narrower but not pattern is the same.

It's quite a bit heavier, wondering how that's gonna affect the belt.

But as meaningless as this is, it looks really cool. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts