Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Cricket - hope all is well on your end. I have seen some hellacious pics of tornado damage and flooding from San Antonio to Austin area, including the Gruene River flooding in Wimberly.

And a car on the roof of a Holiday Inn? :surprise:

Anyway, I hope you are safe, high and dry.
Mike

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
@Cricket - hope all is well on your end. I have seen some hellacious pics of tornado damage and flooding from San Antonio to Austin area, including the Gruene River flooding in Wimberly.

Mike
It was actually an RV (the body was gone so it was the trailer part left) on the roof of that Holiday Inn. It was funny because the news kept reporting it MIGHT have been a tornado. I kept wondering how else they thought that had made it to the roof of 3 floors.

On the bright side, all friends and family have checked in and everyone is safe. :grin:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

Mike
holey smoely...
do hope @Cricket is okay...

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
"No, thats the same cow".....

·
Registered
4,625 Posts

Mike
...and that goes for everybody in that area...hope our friends are okay...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hope everything is settling down after all that bad weather and you and yours are safe. My parents lived in San Antonio for a while. I noticed that they have markers in low places on the roads to show how deep the water is during heavy rains and flash floods. Some were marked up to five or six feet. That's a lot of water!

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
We had one more storm sometime after 3am this morning. It looks like my son lost his giant shade tree. It looks like his tool shed and dog kennels ended up underneath it all.

Thank goodness the dogs were inside.

There were a lot of power outages throughout the early morning hours.

I opened my eyes long enough to read the blaring emergency alert on my phone, then rolled over and went back to sleep.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We are getting heavy rain right now. We live approximately where the "T" is in "Houston" on the radar image.

A tornado has been reported in Channelview, but we weren't affected. My daughter sent a text saying her friend in nearby Crosby had damage to their home. And here fiance's dad lives in Alvin (about 35 miles south of us) and his yard, barn, and other stuff was torn up.

My friend works at a power generating plant about 2 miles from us. He said driving to work this morning, the water was worse than during Tropical Storm Allison which was a devastating flood for this area.

Edit: I thought my sister in law learned her lesson during the Memorial Day Flooding in the Houston area. I guess not. She will have some wet carpet to deal with! :frown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
We're getting rain to Mike , which is pretty weird for the end of October in the part of the country . Glad to hear your ok Cricket . Sounded like some pretty crazy stuff

I wonder if Cali is getting any where its really needed ?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
We have only had about a half inch but is coming down just right. Nice and slow. Temp is only about 55 F. So pretty chilly feeling.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Apparently it bucketed down in Victoria, BC last night. My son-in-law phoned to ask for advice re his sump pump, which couldn't keep up.
The turkeys that put it in piped it in upstream from the laundry tub trap...
If the trap is crudded up they'll have a flooded basement.
S.i.L. says, "I think I'll wait till it stops raining before I try and clear it."
Me; "Drop what you're doing and go and clean out that trap!!!"

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Apparently it bucketed down in Victoria, BC last night. My son-in-law phoned to ask for advice re his sump pump, which couldn't keep up.
The turkeys that put it in piped it in upstream from the laundry tub trap...
If the trap is crudded up they'll have a flooded basement.
S.i.L. says, "I think I'll wait till it stops raining before I try and clear it."
Me; "Drop what you're doing and go and clean out that trap!!!"
Well I'm hoping for a lot of snow this winter as the lack of snow in the mountains has caused some concerns with water shortages this year . I personally hate snow , but it's for the greater good I guess

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Doesn't snow act as insulation?

HJ

Knows some science

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am seeing more reports from my area. Looks like a lot of folks have experienced some flooding. Our friends lost their pontoon boat from their boat house on the river. But there's good news. The Texas Parks and Wildlife found it about a mile down the river (San Jacinto River).

Still seeing reports from Cricket's area around San Antonio/Austin area of flooding. I saw a picture of RV's floating down the river under the I-35 bridge.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts