·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Wow, great carving.

Reactions: beltramidave

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
Nice Crucifix. The CNC is most interesting when it is an original or a well designed item such as what Gaffboat posts (commercial jobs for specific clients for example. Otherwise it's just mass production stuff, regardless of the quantities produced.

Nothing against CNC, but I just want to do hands on projects. Setting up and then walking away while the CNC does the work would not satisfy my-hands on craving. To be honest, I've been far more impressed and tickled by Oliver's mechanical creations than his CNC stuff. I can surely see cutting gears, cams and such with a CNC for his very original and fanciful mechanical wonders. But it is the originality, builds and painting that most delight me about his and others' projects.

This is my personal view and not a reflection on anyone's choice to take on and master CNC programming.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nice Crucifix. The CNC is most interesting when it is an original or a well designed item such as what Gaffboat posts (commercial jobs for specific clients for example. Otherwise it's just mass production stuff, regardless of the quantities produced.

Nothing against CNC, but I just want to do hands on projects. Setting up and then walking away while the CNC does the work would not satisfy my-hands on craving. To be honest, I've been far more impressed and tickled by Oliver's mechanical creations than his CNC stuff. I can surely see cutting gears, cams and such with a CNC for his very original and fanciful mechanical wonders. But it is the originality, builds and painting that most delight me about his and others' projects.

This is my personal view and not a reflection on anyone's choice to take on and master CNC programming.
Tom, You took the words of my mouth. :smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.