Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, curious about router based inlay techniques and making ones own patterns. I have tried free hand, Milescraft and Whiteside guides and bushings and collars as well as my own experimental set ups, all with less than perfect results. I am very open to any and all ideas from more experienced artists. I am a total novice to inlay techniques. All I have is ideas and what I have seen on YouTube.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
HI

check out the link below it will help, don't forget the fishing line in the pocket hole just b/4 you pop in the inlay and glue it in place..it will help you pull it out..

Router Forums - View Single Post - inlay bushing math

==

New member here, curious about router based inlay techniques and making ones own patterns. I have tried free hand, Milescraft and Whiteside guides and bushings and collars as well as my own experimental set ups, all with less than perfect results. I am very open to any and all ideas from more experienced artists. I am a total novice to inlay techniques. All I have is ideas and what I have seen on YouTube.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
G'day

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us, Reg.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome as well as the great advise you share. I appreciate the help.
It seems I have chosen a difficult task for myself. I'm trying to perfect a router pattern for a Maple Leaf. Seems I will just have to keep working on this until I like the shape of the insert. All my best to everyone! Have a GREAT Day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts