Router Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I managed to make a router base that will fit on the right side of my table saw. It is constructed out of two 3/4" MDF boards and laminated with formica. I just made a template for my router base, but before I cut into that, I had a few questions.

1. What is the best way to mount my new table to the table saw? My rails have 3 holes on each side. Should I buy thread inserts or could I use t-nuts? I was planning to use 5/16 - 18 bolts.

2. Do I leave the brass balls on the side of my router plate or take those out?

3. I just got a new plunge router and managed to melt the darn plate with a brass bushing. I guess I let my router bit get too hot or should of had a vacuum removing the debris.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I don't know how to answer You. I am not sure what # 2 refers to? If You have the bushing that I use, They use a nut to hold the bushing in place. It is possible that some more information would help a lot! If You would tell Us the kind and model of the router, and the bushing style You are using. The bushing is designed to be used for templates, or finger joint, and more. Then Someone may be able to give You a bit of information! Thanks for joining, Woody, I hope You can get the information You need to have a great time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts