Router Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
I really like the way you repurposed the table saw and fence.

Looks really practical and effective.

Thanks for sharing some photos with us.

Makita 2301 mounted in a table

On my last post I indicated I had ordered the bolt that would be used to lift and lower the Makita 2301 through the router plate. When it arrived, it only had about an inch or so of actual threads. So I ordered a piece of threaded bar stock instead. When it arrived I went to HD and bought an allen-head wrench head 6x25 mm and welded it on to about 130 mm of the threaded bar stock. (apprently a 6X150 mm bolt threaded all the way does not exist) Rebuilt my router table from an old formica table top I had laying around, used parts from an old Craftsman table saw including the base and it all works like a charm. I replace the four 4x mm screw holding on the plate with four 4X25 mm screw to attach my router plate. I also used the on/off switch so I don't have to reach under the table and turn on the router via the handle switch. I use my drill to raise and lower the router with an allen-wrench bit. :)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.