·
Registered
413 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
This one on a 1/2" shank is the finest in my collection and I can't imagine needing anything finer.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Cutter with a point

Thanks for all the answers guys, I found out that evidently Freud doesn't make cutters with a point but Whitside does. I make a lot of small signs with lettering, that is why I need a point.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I find the spiral type v-bits are the cleanest cutting for me. These all have sharp points (the 30º will draw blood, DAMHIKT). The Whiteside 60º comes tor a pretty good point as well, for a traditional type 60º.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mousing over the packaging picture showed a label, "MADE IN THE USA" !
Colour me surprised...
Most of my bits are USA made, the Kyocera ones are made in North Carolina. Precisebits (tinker and tinker) are made about 2 miles from where my CNC group meets monthly, Ron Reed is a pretty regular visitor to the meetings and often brings prototypes of bits and other products to the meeting. It is very nice to talk to an actual bit designer/maker and get their inputs on how best to use something. I have asked whether he can make something that I want, something that I think we might all benefit from, we’ll see if it works and goes into production.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.