Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the CNC Router world and would like to get up to speed as quickly as possible on the application of cutting aluminum sheets (0.020" - 0.120" thick).

I work in the aircraft industry and have been tasked to source a CNC router to meet the production demands of cutting hunderds (if not thousands) of pieces a day.

I see there are many features that are basic in choosing a table such as size (we need 4 X 10 ft) but some more subtle ones like spindle speed, feed rate, horsepower on the spindle, etc.

I would like to post all that I have acquired as far as must haves and nice to haves.

More importantly, I am looking for guidance on how to make a wise decision as there is so much equipment on the new and used market.

We are currently using MultiCam to design the parts and feed into 2 old CNCrouters run by an older Fagor controller

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forums, we are glad to have you join us.

·
Official Greeter
19,737 Posts
G’day Alain

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank-you

Heard of Thermwood - many ads for used equipment which is what we are looking for.

Want to make sure they have the equipment for the application.

If you know of any users that have cut production volumes of aluminum sheet - feel free to send them my way

Thanks

Alain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.