Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was made by my son and I in August. I posted it to the main forum, before I had a gallery, so am adding it now. It is based upon the video on The Wood Whisperer's web site.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Thats great. looks great!! Can He make a few? might sell a few.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
A nicely done project and photo shoot. I am a little surprised at the use of the yellow glue (aliphatic resin), in my experience, whilst it is one of the strongest adhesives, it soaks into the wood quite quickly if the surplus isn't washed off quickly it leaves a difficult to remove stain. Was any such problem observed in this case Jim?

·
Registered
550 Posts
What, no blood groove? (just kidding)

Department of Redundancy Department? I think we have 3 of those departments at my job.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There really wasn't a problem, Harry. I originally selected it without much thought because it was what was used in the video and worked well there. I may have been lucky then that the padauk and tigerwood are dense and somewhat oily (especially the tiger).

We did scrape the majority of the squeeze-out away before it had a full set, so that probably helped some too.

A nicely done project and photo shoot. I am a little surprised at the use of the yellow glue (aliphatic resin), in my experience, whilst it is one of the strongest adhesives, it soaks into the wood quite quickly if the surplus isn't washed off quickly it leaves a difficult to remove stain. Was any such problem observed in this case Jim?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hi Jim,

could you post a link to the video, there maybe more members who would like to build one or more, including me. :)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
thanks Bob N,

i had found it, but you make it easy for a newcomer to find it and see, they can build one too.

thanks for the link and help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
this was some very good inspiration for my cutting board I want to make and thank you also for the links - It is very beautiful and functional =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts