Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found, the other day this little jig that I used some time ago to put corner flutes into some posts on a clock, this in a larger version can also be used on table legs etc, very simple to make and very easy to use, see attached pics.

001.jpg (312.6 KB)
002.jpg (302.6 KB)
004.jpg (319.8 KB)
005.jpg (266.1 KB)

Attachments

Reactions: sreilly

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree Harry. Just use a center finding head to mark a line through center of your dowel and then mark the angles you want on the end plate of the jig starting from a point equal to the radius of the dowel. Really simple. Not sure why Bob would be worried about his fingers. There is a substantial piece of wood between the bit and your hand. Besides, it would be easy to make a handheld hold down. Also, not everybody has a Craftsman Router Crafter. However, everybody has scrap in their shop.
Thanks, you two guys, I must admit I haven't thought of using it on round stock, I just made it for one specific purpose only, but I will now give it a try.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob, I know you must have more hours inyour day than me, I only have 24, to be able to spend the hours on the computer and all those other hours playing with everything that has ever been invented, you must also be a very rich person to do so, us ordinary people who just love to do things with wood and really enjoy making something work are just mere mortals and are woodworkers with our hearts in it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's true, but mine didn't take days to make and set-up, simplicity gets the job done.

derek.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.