Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Yet another cute idea Derek, the sort that makes one say "now why didn't I think of that".
I can visualise adding a simple indexing system to make multiple flutes on round stock.
I agree Harry. Just use a center finding head to mark a line through center of your dowel and then mark the angles you want on the end plate of the jig starting from a point equal to the radius of the dowel. Really simple. Not sure why Bob would be worried about his fingers. There is a substantial piece of wood between the bit and your hand. Besides, it would be easy to make a handheld hold down. Also, not everybody has a Craftsman Router Crafter. However, everybody has scrap in their shop.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice job Gio. That's better than what I envisioned several years ago when Derek posted this.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
All of your jigs were as simple as they could be made Derek and that's why I liked them so much. Gio's version is very similar to what I had envisioned that it could be made into to make it a little more versatile. He also took care of the problem of different lengths. But that did make it more complicated. For me, I think it's a worthwhile trade off.

You know you are welcome to post on a regular basis, not just when someone resurrects one of your old posts don't you? I miss your simple, common sense approach to things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.