Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody!

Got some great font sites from this thread, thanks! Then I realized I forgot one important fact: I need the letters to "stand up" (on a shelf, for example) once they're cut out...

I assume the answer is to choose a font I like and then modify it to make the bottom of the letters flat, right? So, are there fonts out there that are easier to use in this case? Like, ones that don't have any part of the letter extending below the "surface" line as in a lower case p or q? Am I making sense? LOL. Thanks again for your suggestions!

ORIGINAL POST: I am wondering if any of you know of a place online to download free fonts that are "scroll saw friendly". I would like to cut letters out of 2" x 10" pine and wonder how you go about finding font styles that will work well & look good.

Are there certain fonts you already use and like?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you! J.

·
Registered
Theo
7,137 Posts
OK. You 'are' on Al Gore's world wide web, so do a search, using 'fonts' as your search word. You'll get 15,300,000 results. Then pick and choose.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,217 Posts
Here's a great font site when you need something a little different: dafont.com

·
Registered
577 Posts
Stencil Gothic is the font I like most and I use it in Inkscape and both are free and easy to learn. You use Stencil Font in any windows program.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey everybody!

Got some great font sites from this thread, thanks! Then I realized I forgot one important fact: I need the letters to "stand up" (on a shelf, for example) once they're cut out...

I assume the answer is to choose a font I like and then modify it to make the bottom of the letters flat, right? So, are there fonts out there that are easier to use in this case? Like, ones that don't have any part of the letter extending below the "surface" line as in a lower case p or q? Am I making sense? LOL. Thanks again for your suggestions!

ORIGINAL POST: I am wondering if any of you know of a place online to download free fonts that are "scroll saw friendly". I would like to cut letters out of 2" x 10" pine and wonder how you go about finding font styles that will work well & look good.

Are there certain fonts you already use and like?

Thank you! J.
Here is a link to download a book of scrollsaw fonts.

Scrollsaw Workshop: Free Font Template Book From Charles Dearing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try Scrollsaw Workshop, Steve good has a couple of scrollsaw fonts that kern together(the letters are underlined and attached to one another for free standing). He also has key chain fonts, and about a 1000 other free patterns that are well indexed for easy searches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts